I shoot to keep my smoker’s temperature at 225 degrees F and I can usually plan around 2 hours to cook a pound of pork.
For example, an 8 pound pork shoulder will take about 16 hours from start to finish.
How long does it take to smoke a pork shoulder at 225?
Kimberly, smoke your shoulder at 225 degrees. The average smoking time is 90 minutes per kilogram, depending on the level of preparation desired. If you want to cut it, bake it at 185˚. If you want to pull the pork, smoke it longer until it hits 205 degrees.
How long does it take to smoke 9 pounds of pork shoulder?
Smoke for approximately 60-90 minutes per pound or until internal temperature reaches 195-205 degrees. Constantly monitor the temperature with a probe thermometer. Remove the pork shoulder from the smoker and wrap it in a butcher or foil tray and place it in the refrigerator to rest for at least an hour.
How long does it take to smoke 10 kg of pork shoulder?
Cook until the meat is extremely tender and tender and reaches an internal temperature of 185° to 195°F (85° to 90°C), between 10 and 2 hours or about 1/2 hour per kilogram of meat. Let the meat rest for at least 30 minutes.
How to prepare pork shoulder for smoking?
To the right
- Place the pork shoulder in a large saucepan and add the apple cider to cover.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Prepare the smoker to about 210 degrees F (99 degrees C).
- Pour the apple cider vinegar into the smoker’s water pan; add the onion and grate another 1/4 cup sugar.
- Smoke the pork until tender, about 8 hours.