Remove AC or Interconnected Alarm
- Remove the alarm from the hoop by twisting the alarm clockwise.
- Disconnect the AC power plug by pressing the locking arms on the side of the quick connector while pulling the connector from the bottom of the alarm.
How do I turn off the Kidde smoke detector?
To deactivate your alarm:
Turn the screw to the “OFF” position. This will disable the alarm, stop the battery sound, and make the alarm safe to clear by discharging the battery. NOTE: The alarm is permanently disabled. Please contact Product Support at 1-800-880-6788 before disabling the device.
How to disassemble a cable smoke detector?
The steps are quite simple:
- Turn off the power.
- Turn on the smoke detector to loosen it.
- Unplug the smoke detector from the wiring harness.
- Loosen the screws holding the mounting bracket in place.
- Remove the mounting bracket.
- Disconnect the old wiring harness from the existing wiring.
How to get a smoke detector to stop tweeting?
How to stop the smoke detector from ringing or tweeting –
Why is my Kidde fire alarm activated?
To reset the backup cable from the battery, do the following: Turn off power to the smoke detector at the switch. Reconnect the power supply and reinsert the battery. NOTE: The device will ring once on power up and should not ring again after that.