- Disconnect the power to the smoke detector from the switch.
- Remove the smoke detector from the mounting bracket and turn off the power.
- Remove the battery.
- Press and hold the test button for at least 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the power supply and reinsert the battery.
How do you get a smoke alarm to stop tweeting without a battery?
1. Reset the smoke detector
- Disconnect power to the smoke detector from the switch.
- Remove the detector from its mounting bracket and turn off the power.
- Remove the battery from the smoke detector (if equipped).
- With the battery removed, press and hold the test button for 15-20 seconds.
Why does the smoke detector ring constantly without a battery?
An audible alarm indicates that there is a problem with the device, which is usually discharged or has lost its battery. The battery is required for proper operation. Removing the battery does not interfere with the sound of most devices.
Will removing the battery from the smoke detector stop tweeting?
Removing the battery from the smoke detector, also known as a smoke detector, will not turn off the device and the fire alarm will not sound. Instead, it will likely do the opposite and disable the device. Therefore, there’s really only one reason you should remove the battery, and that’s to replace it with a new one.
How long will the smoke detector sound before it dies?
Usually, when a smoke or carbon monoxide alarm sounds (one beep every 2 minutes or so), the battery is low.