Yes, you can eat the skin of a kiwi. It is actually a good source of fiber, vitamin E, and folate. Eating the skin increases the amount of these nutrients you get by 30% to 50%.
The skin of a kiwi is thin and has a slightly fuzzy texture. Some people find the texture to be unpleasant, but others don’t mind it. If you do mind the texture, you can peel the kiwi before eating it.
Here are some tips for eating kiwi skin:
- Wash the kiwi thoroughly before eating it.
- If you don’t like the texture of the skin, you can peel it.
- You can eat the kiwi skin raw, cooked, or juiced.
Here are some of the benefits of eating kiwi skin:
- Fiber: Kiwi skin is a good source of fiber, which can help to keep your digestive system healthy.
- Vitamin E: Kiwi skin is a good source of vitamin E, which is an antioxidant that can help to protect your cells from damage.
- Folate: Kiwi skin is a good source of folate, which is important for pregnant women.
If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious way to get your daily dose of fiber, vitamin E, and folate, consider eating kiwi skin.