How long does it take to grill a pork shoulder over charcoal?
A charcoal broiler and charcoal grill is required that can maintain a consistent cooking temperature of 250 F / 120 C and is large enough to place the pork roast on half the cooking surface with room around it and good ventilation control.
Allow 6 to 8 hours cooking time from start to finish.
How do you keep a charcoal grill at 225?
How to Maintain a 225°F Charcoal Grill
- Invest in a good temperature probe. To keep your grill stable at 225°F, you will need to pay attention to the temperature.
- Light coal for fuel. Use a fire starter to light charcoal briquettes for your grill evenly and safely.
- Open the dampers.
- Place a 2-zone grill.
- Adjust the hole as needed.
- Watch the fuel.
How do you smoke roast pork on a Weber grill?
Pig Ass Smoking – Start Finishing the Weber Boiler –
How to prepare pork shoulder for smoking?
To the right
- Place the pork shoulder in a large saucepan and add the apple cider to cover.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Prepare the smoker to about 210 degrees F (99 degrees C).
- Pour the apple cider vinegar into the smoker’s water pan; add the onion and grate another 1/4 cup sugar.
- Smoke the pork until tender, about 8 hours.
Should the pork shoulder be wrapped in aluminum foil?
Wrap in aluminum foil: at 5 hours, the internal temperature should be below 160. Wrap in aluminum foil so that it does not smoke too much and that the meat does not pick up moisture that develops during the cooking.
Do you trim the fat from the pork shoulder before slow cooking?
Cut it and cut the fat
To put the meat in a 6-liter pan faster and more evenly, cut it into four pieces. The pork shoulder has a good layer of fat on the surface. Be sure to remove most of the excess fat, leaving only a small amount for taste.